Brochure Type: TT & BV Europe Summer 2024 v1
Modern cities, medieval towns and all the sights in between make this Best of Germany and Austria experience one you'll remember. Beyond the beauty of the Rhine and Wachau, you'll explore Vienna's musical treasures, Alpine landscapes and the castle of a shy king.
- Explore Berlin, Salzburg and Vienna with a Local Specialist
- Discover Frankfurt, Cologne, Rothenburg, Munich and Innsbruck
- Visit the Berlin TV Tower, Neuschwanstein Castle and Swarovski Crystal Worlds in Innsbruck
- View Cologne Cathedral, the Golden Roof in Innsbruck, Mozart's birthplace in Salzburg, Hofburg Palace and St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna
- See the Lorelei Rock, the Marienberg Fortress and the Prince-Bishops' residence in Wurzburg and Melk Abbey
- Scenic Cruise along the Rhine River
- Rhineland: In a medieval castle high above the Rhine River Valley, you'll enjoy an exclusive Be My Guest lunch and be transported back to a time of kings and knights.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Step into 15th-century Germany at the Prinzhotel, built in the traditional half-timbered style and ideally located within the city's famous fortified town walls.
- Munich: The Arabella Sheraton Munich once saw Led Zeppelin, Iggy Pop, Freddie Mercury and other musical legends belt out record breaking tunes in the then-hotel basement recording studio.
- Vienna: Step into this unique establishment on the banks of the Danube and discover a building that has undergone a makeover from its previous life as a grain silo since the early 1900s.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- High-speed train from Cologne to Berlin
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call 979-836-6600 for more information or to book today! Mention code 17816990
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2024
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Welcome to Frankfurt: Embrace centuries-old heritage charm and modern style in the vibrant city of Frankfurt, our springboard for a delightful exploration of the best of Germany and Austria. Spend your day exploring the Altstadt and soaking up the atmosphere of a bygone era, before meeting your Travel Director for an orientation of the medieval Romerplatz and dynamic financial district. Later, we join our fellow travellers for a memorable Welcome Reception to launch our journey through the heart of Europe.
|Cruise in the Rhineland and on to Cologne Connect with Locals: The legend of Lorelei kick-starts our morning as we board a leisurely cruise along the mighty Rhine past castles and vineyard-clad hills. We stop to Connect With Locals over a Be My Guest lunch and hear tales of knights and feuding lords and ladies in a 13th-century castle perched high above the Rhine valley. Continuing to the cultural capital of the Rhineland, we view the spectacular Gothic spires of Cologne Cathedral. Spend the rest of the evening exploring the city's great artistic treasures and historic town squares.
Mercure Koeln Belfortstrasse
|Journey By High-Speed Train to Berlin: This morning, we board a high-speed train to historic Berlin, whose once-turbulent history has shaped its rebirth as the charismatic capital of Germany. Join a Local Specialist for an exploration of 'East meets West' and delve into the story behind their reunification. See the imposing Brandenburg Gate, the Tiergarten, Unter den Linden and the Reichstag building, with its famous glass dome. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
|Uncover Berlin's Secrets: Ascend the Berlin TV Tower for spectacular 360 views of the city from the Berlin TV Tower. Enjoy some free time this afternoon to explore the city on your own. Perhaps see the remnants of the Berlin Wall, visit the infamous Checkpoint Charlie or enjoy an Optional Experience to the District of Potsdam, the former Prussian royal seat.
Hampton by Hilton City Centre Alexanderplatz, Mercure MOA
|Onwards to Rothenburg Stays With Stories: Celebrate beauty through your admiration of art and architecture in beautiful Wurzburg, where you will see the Prince-Bishops' residence and Marienberg Fortress, on the banks of the Main. Continue to Rothenburg and dine tonight in your hotel. Your Stays With Stories accommodation this evening is the historic Prinzhotel, built in the traditional half-timbered style lying within the 15th-century fortified town walls.
|Off to Historic Munich Stays With Stories: This morning, we embark on an orientation walk through the medieval centre of Rothenburg, seemingly frozen in time and encircled by a fortified town wall that remains intact after centuries. Travelling south through picture-perfect landscapes of Bavaria, we arrive in Munich. We check into our Stays With Stories accommodation, the Arabella Sheraton Munich which once saw Led Zeppelin, Iggy Pop and Freddie Mercury belt out tunes in the then-hotel basement recording studio. Famous producer Giorgio Moroder founded a recording studio here in the early 1970s until the noise of the nearby subway trains forced the music to continue elsewhere.
|Discover Munich: Stroll through the heart of Munich this morning, visiting Marienplatz with both its new and old City Halls. See the magical Glockenspiel that delights visitors throughout the day with its re-enactment of 16th-century tales. Spend the rest of the day on your own, exploring the city's Baroque palaces and vibrant markets, or embrace the Bavarian region's rich beer brewing heritage at one of Munich's many beer halls.
|Neuschwanstein Castle and on to Innsbruck
|Admire Neuschwanstein Castle and on to Innsbruck: Indulge in a world of fantasy and fables during your visit to Neuschwanstein Castle, built as a retreat for King Ludwig II to retire from public life. Wind your way through the countryside, climbing higher into the Bavarian Alps bound for Innsbruck, where you'll spend the next two nights. This evening, dinner is served at your hotel.
|Explore Alpine Innsbruck: This morning, you'll embark on a short orientation tour that includes views of the Old Town, Hofburg Palace and the ornate Golden Roof, built to commemorate the wedding of Emperor Maximilian I. Spend your free time exploring Innsbruck's iconic sites and delving into Tyrol's complex history and culture, or simply relax and admire this dazzling city with its magnificent Alpine backdrop. Next, admire the fascinating crystal installations and browse for precious gifts and souvenirs at the Swarovski Crystal Worlds Store. You could consider joining a traditional dinner and Tyrolean folklore show this evening.
Rumer Hof, Tivoli Innsbruck
|Venture to Salzburg: Travel to Salzburg where spires and domes rise in the shadow of Hohensalzburg Castle, one of the largest medieval fortresses in Europe. Join a Local Specialist for a fascinating walking tour of a city that featured in 'The Sound of Music'. View Mozart's birthplace and family house in Getreidegasse, and the Domplatz dominated by Salzburg Cathedral. This evening, we dine at our hotel.
Austria Trend Europa
|Through the Wachau Valley to Vienna
|Through the Wachau Valley to Vienna Stays With Stories: Scenic landscapes provide a beautiful backdrop for our drive past Lake Mondsee to the UNESCO-listed Wachau Valley. Sloping vineyards line the Danube from Melk Abbey to Durnstein, where Richard the Lionheart was held prisoner and subsequently found by Blondel, his faithful minstrel. This afternoon, we arrive in the imperial capital of Vienna. We'll check in to your Stays With Stories accommodation, the Hilton Danube Waterfront, a renovated grain silo built in 1916, on the shores of the Danube. We have the evening at leisure to enjoy the sounds of the 'City of Music' or consider an evening of Viennese classical music.
Hilton Danube Waterfront
|Hofburg Palace and More in Vienna
|Hofburg Palace and More in Vienna: Explore the splendour of Vienna at the exquisite Hofburg Palace, the former winter residence of the Habsburg Dynasty - one of the highlights of your guided sightseeing tour of Vienna with a Local Specialist. Enjoy views of the grand State Opera House and Ringstrasse, a beautiful sweeping boulevard built in the 19th century to replace the city walls. Admire the ornate, colourful roof of St. Stephen's Cathedral, one of the city's most beloved icons, before spending the afternoon at leisure. Tonight, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant to celebrate a beautiful sojourn through Germany and Austria.
Hilton Danube Waterfront
|Farewell Vienna: We bid farewell to our companions at the end of a wonderful holiday. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class